Retrieving metatag content

From: Peter B. Ensch <peterbe(at)not-real.comcast.net>
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 19:04:28 GMT
I'm building a web form which will build a metatag-only
search string passed to swish-e.

Foreach metatag name, I want to offer a pulldown containing
a list of all the values for that metatag in the indexed files.

I can get a list of these values by parsing the output of:
swish-e -T index_words_meta

This is my problem. If I have files with these metatags:
name='nonsense' content='foo bar'
name='nonsense' content='bing bang'
name='nonsense' content='fe fi'

then the values I retrieve from the index using the above command are:
nonsense = ('foo', 'bar', 'bing', 'bang', 'fe', 'fi')

what I would like is:
nonsense = ('foo bar', 'bing bang', 'fe fi')

The actual search doesn't mind, so I'm successfully able to do:
%> swish-e -w "nonsense='fe fi'"

but I really need to get a list of the whole metatag content to
stick in my pulldowns.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks,
Peter