Re: Why does Swish-E hate my Opteron?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 18:45:23 GMT
On Fri, Sep 10, 2004 at 11:26:28AM -0700, Fennec Foxen wrote:
> Today, it does not: I added some stuff and rebuilt the index, and now
> every search I perform gives me the dreaded:
> Warning: Failed to uncompress Property. zlib uncompress returned: -5.
> uncompressed size: 324 buf_len: -1073746520

I wondered what changed?

Anyway, this has been a recurring problem.  If you can ship us a few
Opteron machines this could likely be fixed quickly.

What I think is happening is swish is reading and writing different
sized elements in error on that platform.

If shipping a few machines out - at least one to California and one to
Madrid ;) -- then you might try enabling debugging of properties.  You
can either set DEBUG_PROP in db_native.c or via flags on the
/configure line.  That "should" show you how and (more importantly)
where properties are written and then check if they are read back from
the same locations or (as I kind of suspect) off by one or two bytes.

That make any sense?