Re: Indexing xml files that has another included xml file

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Thu Sep 09 2004 - 07:05:35 GMT
On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 03:29:37PM -0700, Peter Karman wrote:
> I believe (Bill will correct me) that even using libxml2 as your parser
> (XML2), entities and XIncludes are not followed in your XML.

I'm not quite sure.  The libxml2 docs provide a function to "expand"
those entities:

Which I thought might be an easy fix by just calling:

But, I still get this error:

    include.xml:6: error: Entity 'xmlfrag' not defined

But things get more complex:  at the bottom of this page:

it says:

    WARNING: handling entities on top of the libxml2 SAX interface is
    difficult!!! If you plan to use non-predefined entities in your
    documents, then the learning curve to handle then using the SAX
    API may be long. If you plan to use complex documents, I strongly
    suggest you consider using the DOM interface instead and let
    libxml deal with the complexity rather than trying to do it

Which, of course, we use the SAX interface.  I also see on

that our SAX usage of libxml2 is deprecated.  Looks like a trip to the
xml list might be in my future.

> The xmllint
> tool that comes with libxml2 does resolve those (with correct
> catalog/options),

Could you get xmllint to actually replace the text?  Mine just shows

Help with Swish-e: