Problems with command line parsing -- swish-e on Solaris 2.5.1

From: Thomas R. Bruce <trb2(at)not-real.cornell.edu>
Date: Mon Sep 06 2004 - 15:27:20 GMT
Bill et al:

I am attempting an upgrade from 2.3.5 (yeah, I know) under Solaris.  Both
the current 2.4.x stable release and the latest development snapshot have a
similar problem -- swish-e insists on finding "empty" arguments on the
command line.  For instance, running the perl makefile produces the
following:

Your SWISH-E version: 2.5.1
Creating index...'/usr/local/bin/swish-e -c t/test.conf -f t/index.swish-e
-v 0'

err: Couldn't open the configuration file '': No such file or directory
.

Similarly, attempts to index from the command line (eg. swish-e -I foo  -f
fooindex)  produce complaints about nonexistent empty-string directories to

Any thoughts?  Is this some kind of dumb self-inflicted compilation or

Best,
t.

Thomas R. Bruce (trb2@cornell.edu)
Director,Legal Information Institute