Re: Search Results Links

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 14:04:07 GMT
On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 06:53:19AM -0700, David Nickel wrote:
> I am doing some testing with swish-e cgi script. It looks like I am getting
> everything I want indexed. When I do search the results are linked to the
> fs path.
> For example - user1
> Link - /home/default/user1
>
> It should reference the htttp://www.my.com/user1

hyper text terrific transport protocol?  Transparent?  Typewriter?
Telephone?  Transistor?  Tiny?  Trusting (new MS protocol) ?

> Am I missing something in the configuration that is causing this?

Yes, use ReplaceRules to replace or rewrite part of the file path.

There's also a way in swish.cgi to configure a prefix added to each
link -- you can use that to avoid placing that prefix in the index for
every file, or if your file system path maps directly to your web space,
of if you want to use a different host name for accessing the
documents, for example.