Re: HTML2 and StoreDescription

From: mpeters <mpeters(at)not-real.plusthree.com>
Date: Wed Sep 01 2004 - 20:29:44 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 09:12:54AM -0700, mpeters wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to index my html docs with libxml2 parser and store the
>>description. The parsing works fine, but the description is not
>>stored for any HTML2 files.
>>
>>   IndexContents HTML2 .htm .html
>>   StoreDescription HTML2 <body>
>

> That works fine.  Maybe you need to show a non-working example.

ok, after some work I've traced it down to using the
<!-- SwishCommand noindex --> tags. For some reason HTML doesn't
notice these but HTML2 does. And if you have your <body> after a
'noindex' without another 'index' it won't see the tag. Is there
some way to get around this without having to do something like
this.....

   <!-- SwishCommand noindex -->
     head, title, style, etc
   <! -- SwishCommand index -->
   <!-- SwishCommand noindex -->
     nav, advertisements, etc
   <!-- SwishCommand index -->
     relevant content
   <!-- SwishCommand noindex -->
     more nav, news, more ads, footers, etc
   <!-- SwishCommand index -->
   <!-- SwishCommand noindex -->
   other stuff

I guess what I'm looking for is sort of a 'index_only_start' and
'index_only_stop' tag pair. Do they exist?

--
Michael Peters
Developer