indexing and index file copy

From: Jonas Wolf <JOWOLF(at)not-real.uk.ibm.com>
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 10:01:23 GMT
Hi,

I am using swish-e to run a web search which accesses the index files via
SWISH::API. I am indexing large amounts of data every night, which takes a
long time. We have users all around the world, so there will always be
access to the search page around the clock. Now normally everything works
fine, however, sometimes, indexing aborts and I get a file sharing
violation.

Failed to unlink 'index_nostem.idx' before renaming. : Permission denied

This is obviously the case when indexing finishes and swish-e attempts to
move the temporary index file across, and at the same time, somebody is
accessing the same index file via the web interface.

Does swish-e just try to do this once, and then aborts if it fails, or
does it attempt more than once? Note that this is swish-e 2.42 on Windows.

Of course I could disable the search while the files are copied across,
but maybe somebody has had this problem and a better solution?

Thanks, Jonas.