Re: internal number question

From: Jason Camp <jcamp(at)not-real.vhosting.com>
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 18:30:53 GMT
Ok cool, thanks! The database is actually going to contain some additional meta
data about each page, including a cache of the page, so I figured it would be
better to store that in a db than as a property in the index.  Two other
questions, with each index does the swishfilenum change? I'm indexing multiple
sites and I'm basically indexing a site, merging that index into the main
index, and it looks like it reorganizes the file numbers, is this correct or am
I not reading it properly? Also, is there a method for getting the total number
of items using the perl module? I wanted to display how many total pages there
are to search through. Thanks!

Jason