Re:

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 22:47:19 GMT
On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 01:10:38PM -0700, Shaffer, Chris wrote:
> David,
>
> I had a similar situation.  Because some of our sites are dynamic in
> nature, we chose to go with spidering.  However, I found some
> documentation around setting up spidering a little confusing (there was
> a lot of it, it was just ordered a little weird).  I think what the
> documentation could use is a Spidering Getting Started Guide.

Does this come close?

http://swish-e.org/current/docs/INSTALL.html#Spidering_and_Searching_with_a_Web_form_

Doesn't really describe how to customize the spider, though, other
than saying:

 Detailed instructions on using the swish.cgi script and debugging
 tips can be found by running:

    $ perldoc swish.cgi

I understand that it can be confusing, so let me know if you have any
suggestions or edits.

BTW:

> 	# Only index .html .htm and .q files
> 	IndexOnly .html .htm .txt

IndexOnly does nothing in this case -- the spider determines what
files to index.