Re: reversibility of MetaNameAlias

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 15:20:07 GMT
On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 03:06:04AM -0700, Jonas Wolf wrote:
> which gives the desired result. However, this means when I define my
> MetaNameRanks, I have to use swishdocpath to assign the rank as it's the
> real metaname. I can not use my alias path to do this, which I would like
> to do.

I'm not sure why there's that restriction.  I don't see any notes why
it's that way.  I assume I had a reason for making it that way,
thought.  I suppose so you can't try and set different values on
aliases that point to the same metaname.

> So my real question is this: Obviously MetaNameAlias only works one way,
> and not the other. Is this a feature or is there room for improvement? Is
> there any other method to achieve what I would like to do?

You mean use be able to use an alias when setting MetaNamesRank?  Is
it a problem to remember that "path" is an alias for "swishdocpath"
and use that name when setting MetaNamesRank?