Re: Home-made FileFilter problem

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 14:14:43 GMT
On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 07:04:07AM -0700, Alan Ivey wrote:
> I get...
> Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
> /home/alan/ftpdownload/gettxttitleC.pl line 38,
> <INPUT> line 39.

Maybe a few well placed "warn" or "print STDERR" lines might help.

> ... which means that my script isn't getting anything
> from INPUT. I've changed $ARGV[0] to $1 and $2 as
> stated in the docs
> (http://www.swish-e.org/current/docs/SWISH-CONFIG.html#Filtering_with_the_FileFilter_feature)
> but I get the same kind of error.

The docs do not say to use $1 and $2 in your Perl script.

> I don't think DirTree.pl would work because it uses
> the SWISH::Filter, and this is only for 2 specified
> folders containing txt files, not every txt file.

You don't need SWISH::Filter -- I was just saying I'd use a program to
fetch and parse the docs instead of using FileFilter.

If you post your script and a few sample docs then I can try to help.

I'll be out for a few hours but can look later.