Re: maximum title of 63 characters?

From: Keith Ivey <keith(at)not-real.smokefreedc.org>
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 22:10:05 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:

>On Fri, Aug 06, 2004 at 12:50:17PM -0700, Chris Bohn wrote:
>

>>There seems to be a limit of 63 characters that swish-e will search.  We use
>>hypermail 2.1.8 to archive some list discussion messages, and swish-e to search
>>them.  If a message in the archive has a subject over 63 characters, then
>>swish-e won't find any search on subject for the characters over 63.  If I
>>search on something in the first 63 characters, the doc is returned, but the
>>subject/title is incomplete, only showing the first 63 characters.  Any idea on
>>what the problem is or how I can fix it would be appreciated.  I've run the
>>index_hypermail.pl, and it pulls out the full subject just fine.
>>

>Might try MaxWordLimit setting while indexing.  Swish should print out
>a warning if you exceed that limit:
>
>  err: Search word exceeded maxwordlimit setting
>
>But the default is 40, not 63

I don't think he's talking about individual words being longer than 63.
He seems to
mean that there's a problem when the length of the whole title is over
63 characters.
But he needs to provide more information about how he's indexing the
messages.

Maybe he's using PropertyNamesMaxLength?

--
Keith Ivey <keith@smokefreedc.org>
Washington, DC