swish-e in daemon form

From: Brad Miele <brad(at)not-real.auroraquanta.com>
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 12:53:23 GMT
## standard disclaimer ##
The author is notorious for not checking FAQs, reading list missives that
don't contain the words beer or sex in the subject, and generally not
paying attention.
## end disclaimer ##

I am currently building 3 indexes a day that I shuffle from server to
server, that they may be used by mod_perl swish handlers. It occurred to
me that it would be cool to have a swish-e daemon that would hang around
(as daemons do) and be accessable via the perl api on another server.
This way I could keep all my indexing stuff on one server, and all of my
mod_perl stuff on another server, and all of my shoes lined up in a neat
row under my bed.

Has it been done? will it be done? is it a really bad idea?

Brad
 Brad Miele
 Technology Director
 AuroraPhotos.com
 (207) 828-8787 x110
 bmiele@auroraphotos.com

 If you think the problem is bad now, just wait until we've solved it.
		-- Arthur Kasspe