Re: wildcard bug in 2.4.2?

From: Kees Cook <kees(at)not-real.osdl.org>
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 21:43:21 GMT
On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 02:39:18PM -0700, Keith Ivey wrote:
> I don't think you're going to be able to escape reindexing. You might
> consider making @
> not be a word character so that you could simply search for
> "from=osdl.org" if all you're
> really concerned about is searching by hostname.

Unfortunately I need to keep "@" for in-body searches.  Also, looking for
subdomains within a domain (e.g. "us.osdl.org") need to match.

I think reversing the email is going to be the only way to do it.  I just
wish I could do it programatically.  Or read/process/write an index file.
:)

> Maybe preprocess your files before indexing to add a special word to all
> the mail
> and only the mail?  You could then search for that word.  Or add a new
> "type"
> metaname that contains the type of file.

Yeah.  I think "file type" meta might work for this.

--
Kees Cook
Open Source Development Lab