Field Weighing for xml docs

From: Tac <tac(at)not-real.smokescreen.org>
Date: Thu Jul 22 2004 - 13:55:35 GMT
I remember reading somewhere that swish internally weighed swishtitle
heavier than other fields, and h1 tags higher in html documents.  Is there
documentation on how to control this for XML files?  I'd like the title to
weigh more than the description (that is, finding a word in the title should
rank it higher than if it finds the same word in the description).   This
will naturally lead to phrases in the title being higher than words found in
the description as well, I think, since the title is shorter and finding 2+
words in the title should rank it higher than finding 2+ words in a longer
description (even if it's searched for as 2 words, not as a phrase).  At
least, I think that's how it works, but I'm not certain.

Do I need to alias our title to swishtitle?  Or ...?  Again, these are xml
docs, so I'm not using the html metatags.

Thx,

Tac