Re: Simple phrase searching.....

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 06:27:24 GMT
On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 08:42:04AM -0700, Jon Block wrote:
> I'm working on a system where swish-e is implemented. The system has used
> swishe to index the following content:
>
> --------
> The quick brown fox, named Joe Smith, jumped over the dog.
> --------
>
> When I do a phrase search for %Joe Smith%, swish-e doesn't find it. If I do
> a search for %Joe Smith,%, swish-e finds it.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but the percent sign is not used as an
operator in swish like in the LIKE sql statement.

In swish if

   swish-e -w '"joe smith"'  # doesn't work
   swish-e -w '"joe smith,"' # does work

then that means you have the comma set as a valid WordCharacter (which
it isn't be default).