CGI Script Question

From: John Wentworth <john(at)not-real.sysful.com>
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 16:05:46 GMT
I basically like the contents of the swish.cgi script for search
and I do not want to modify it alot but I would like to add one feature =
I would like the drop the search terms and the result of the search into =
a database to analyze what our customers are searching for
I don't really know perl but I figure I should be able to hack something =
together with some tutorials I found
what I basically need to information as to which perl variables in this =
script correspond to that information and where would be a good place to =
insert this code since I'm having trouble following the code

thank you very much
john

to a plain text message.