Re: indexing xml

From: Ed Summers <ehs(at)not-real.pobox.com>
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 04:23:35 GMT
On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 08:55:49AM -0500, Peter Karman wrote:
> check out:
> UndefinedXMLAttributes [DISABLE|error|index|auto]
>
> and
> XMLClassAttributes *list of XML attribute names*

Thanks for the pointer Peter. I'm now using the following:

    DefaultContents XML2
    UndefinedXMLAttributes auto
    UndefinedMetaTags auto
    XMLClassAttributes class

And it works great for searching!

Am I wrong in assuming that given an XML fragment like this in a
document:

    <subject class="mesh">Parrots</subject>

That I can use a SWISH::API::Result object like so:

    print $result->Property( 'subject.mesh' );

I seem to get an error:

    Unknown property name in display properties Invalid property name
    'subject.mesh'

This isn't terrible since I'm really only using swish-e to get back a
list of matching documents, and then using a rdbms for display...but I'm
curious.

//Ed