Re: large indexes?

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 20:12:43 GMT
On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 12:52 -0700, Kees Cook wrote:
> Hello!  We're using swish-e to index about 300G of documents.  I've
> managed to chop the directories down so that I'm running into about 60
> separate indexes, but there have been occasions when I've run the index
> into a 2G limit.  I saw emails from Sep 2003 talking about the 2G index
> limit, and I just wanted to see if any progress had been made on it?

I'd guess you're on Linux (or a UNIX System) and using a filesystem that
supports large files.  If so and you're willing to live a little on the
edge then checkout CVS HEAD and try defining _LARGEFILE_SOURCE and
_FILE_OFFSET_BIT=64 when building (e.g. add to DEFS variable in src/
Makefile).  It hasn't been tested much at all.  And the 64-bit index
format is obviously incompatible with the 32-bit index format.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/