Re: Memory Leak with Sort Parameters including swishrank

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 18:32:50 GMT
On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 05:19:45AM -0700, Windmueller, David wrote:
> Round 2!
> I recompiled my Swish-e with memstats and memtrace and saw the errors

Ok, I checked in a fix for this.  This is potentially a big leak if
you are using the C or Perl library.   David Windmueller also provided
a one-line patch to fix the problem.

Look at result_sort.c around line 84

 /* If haven't checked this property for a pre-sorted table then try to load the table */
        if ( !sort_data->checked_presorted )
        {
            sort_data->checked_presorted = 1;
  ADDED ======>    if (!sort_data->property->sorted_data)
                                LoadSortedProps( r1->db_results->indexf, sort_data->property );
        }

Thanks to David Windmueller for the help!