More info on swish.cgi problem on win2k

From: Peter Bisset <pbisset(at)not-real.emergency.qld.gov.au>
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 03:28:08 GMT
Further to my previous post about getting a strange error running swish.cgi on win2k compared to xp, I now know that the error "The system cannot find the file specified." comes from the OS when it cannot find a file specified as the source in a redirection command "<".

This means that the options to -x are not being escaped properly by swish.cgi before hitting the OS.

As I said, the same script works fine under XP.

Has anyone else found this or have any suggestions.

Thanks

Peter Bisset
Ph. 3247 8553 (94553)
Fax 3247 8598 (94598)
Business Systems Unit
Department of Emergency Services

This correspondence is for the named persons only.
It may contain confidential or privileged information or both.
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mis transmission.
If you receive this correspondence in error please delete it from your system immediately and notify the sender.
You must not disclose, copy or relay on any part of this correspondence, if you are not the intended recipient.
Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the individual sender except where the sender expressly,
and with the authority, states them to be the opinions of the Department of Emergency Services, Queensland.