Re: swish-e filter

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)>
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 13:35:12 GMT
Przemek Santur wrote on 6/14/04 8:01 AM:

> Hi,
> I have two questions about the search method of swish-e.
> Can anybody tell me, if swish-e can filter some parts of text of these
> files: excel, powerpoint, pdf and word???

I believe that there are modules available for the Micro$oft excel and
word formats -- not powerpoint -- and definitely yes for PDF. Download
the source and check out the filters/ directory.

> My other question is, if swish-e can extract some parts of the text which I
> searched, like the search option in google???

I believe the feature you're describing is satisfied with the
swishdescription feature. See:

> thanks

Peter Karman - Software Publications Engineer - Cray Inc
phone: 651-605-9009 -