From: Peter Karman <karman(at)>
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 12:36:19 GMT
I am not sure if you would have to reindex.

However, since you're contemplating a different version anyway, why not
try the daily CVS build to see if it fixes your problem? That would be
like a pre-2.4.3 (though I think it is numbered 2.5.1) build.

Weir James K Contr ASC/ENOI wrote on 6/16/04 5:15 AM:

> Hello fellow swish-e-er
> I have a simple question I hope. If I un-install 2.4.2 and re-install
> 2.4.0 or 2.4.1 would I have to re-index every thing?
> Reason for going back is that 2.4.0 and 2.4.1 did not have memory
> leaks and would not run out of memory like 2.4.2 is doing to me.
> I hope someone can help with this question
> Thank you for your time
> Jim "ZZ" Weir Email:
> Caution: This message may contain competitive, sensitive or other
> non-public information not intended for disclosure outside official
> government channels. Do not disseminate this message without the
> approval of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force
> for Acquisition. If you received this message in error, please notify
> the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.

Peter Karman - Software Publications Engineer - Cray Inc
phone: 651-605-9009 -