Fw: Re: searching several indexes with SWISH::API

From: Jonas Wolf <JOWOLF(at)not-real.uk.ibm.com>
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 13:48:35 GMT
Could you please send the fragment of your code which handles the
SWISH-API calls? I do the following:

# concatenate all index files
my @indexarr;
foreach my $key (keys %{$params{indexes}})
{
        push @indexarr, $params{indexes}{$key}{index}{$fuzzy ? 'fuzzy' :
'normal'};
}
my $indexlist = join ' ', @indexarr;

$params{indexes} contains several indexes, each with the path leading to a
'normal' and a 'fuzzy' index. Thus $indexlist contains a space separated
list of index filenames (full paths) after this code (I know it could be
done better but it should still work). I pass this variable to another
function which then essentially calls

$swish = SWISH::API->new( $indexlist );
die "Failed to create SWISH::API object" unless $swish;
$swish->AbortLastError if $swish->Error;

Thanks, Jonas

I just tried a similar test with SWISH::API and it worked fine too. So I
doubt that metanames/properties diffs are the problem.

--
Peter Karman - Software Publications Programmer - Cray Inc
phone: 651-605-9009 - mailto:karman@cray.com