Re: Error Message: Index file error: Could not open

From: Kaplan, Andrew H. <AHKAPLAN(at)not-real.PARTNERS.ORG>
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 15:45:49 GMT
I've continued work on trying to get Swish-e to be able to index the pdf
files. I went through the motions
of setting up the swish.conf file according to the instructions listed on
the website. Here is what the file
text looks like:

# Swish-e config to index the /www directory
# Use for indexing (location of set at installation

# Use's default configuration and specify the URL to spider
SwishProgParameters default http://localhost/www

# Allow extra searching by title, path Metanames swishtitle swishdocpath
Metanames swishtitle swishdocpath
# Set StoreDescription for each parser to display context with search
StoreDescription HTML* <body> 200000
StoreDescription TXT* <body> 200000

I ran the command swish-e -S prog -c swish.conf and the result was the

Indexing ""
External Program found: /usr/local/lib/swish-e/
Removing very common words...
no words removed.
Writing main index...
err: No unique words indexed!

I have had no luck in resolving this issue. I am the point where I am ready
to install a pdf to word converter
program that will change all the pdf files to .doc and/or .rtf files. Unless
there is something else that I
have missed, I have run out of ideas.