Re: More info on swish.cgi problem on win2k

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 02:11:19 GMT
On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 12:01:47PM +1000, Peter Bisset wrote:

> Bill - just thought that I could type the command at the prompt and
> see what happens.

Yes, I understand.  I'm just not so sure that the command is run through
the shell in swish.cgi on Win32 -- so it might or might not help with
your actual problem.

Anyway, just print out the command:

       my $pid = IPC::Open2::open2($rdrfh, $wtrfh, @command );

add after that line:

      print "Command is [@command]\n";

> Also, I have found that I am running ActivePerl
> 5.6.0 on win2k and 5.6.1 on xp. Wouldn't think that there was much
> difference, but I will see if I can find a test environment to try out
> an upgrade.

5.6.0 is considered reasonably buggy, I think, so that might be the
issue.