Re: Error Message: Index file error: Could not open

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 13:59:33 GMT
On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 09:47:58AM -0400, Kaplan, Andrew H. wrote:
> I tried adding the FileFilter line to the swish.conf file, and unfortunately
> that only made things worse.
> The problem that I am seeing is that while the indexing appears to be working
> fine, when I do a search for
> the files via swish.cgi, the only results that are listed are the index.swish
> files. I have not made any
> changes to the SWISH::Filter file, which I assume is
> /usr/local/lib/swish-e/perl/SWISH/Filter.pm. What
> is going on, and what do I need to do to correct this?

Do the step-by-step instructions here help?

  http://swish-e.org/current/docs/INSTALL.html#Spidering_and_Searching_with_a_Web_form_

That should automatically index your PDF and MS Word docs.

And if not, at what stage are things not working.  And before you answer
that, review:

  http://swish-e.org/current/docs/INSTALL.html#Spidering_and_Searching_with_a_Web_form_

which I hope will make this process a bit less, eh, complex.