Re: More info on swish.cgi problem on win2k

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 01:54:49 GMT
On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 05:03:13PM -0700, Peter Bisset wrote:

> I would like to see the exact swish command being executed by the OS.
> Can someone tell me the line of perl that will print out the full
> command and where to put it. I want to see all the parameters.

Well, other than using SWISH_DEBUG=command (as you have already done)
you would need to edit swish.cgi.

But, swish.cgi uses IPC::Open3() to run the command under Windows.  And
under Windows IPC::Open3 uses a system() call with the first parameter
of 1 (one).  How Perl creates the command for Win32 is a mystery to me,
though.  So, although you can print out what swish.cgi is calling
IPC::Open3() with, you don't really know what's happeing between Perl
and Windows without diving into the Perl source code.  Google might
provide some answers.  We discussed this before, too:

 http://swish-e.org/archive/5462.html

and look at the follow messages -- these seem interesting:

 http://swish-e.org/archive/5471.html
 http://swish-e.org/archive/5472.html

with that last one showing some fun I had.

Anyway, I don't really remember your trouble -- works on WinXP but not
on Win2k.  Would looking at the output of the swish-e headers provide
any idea of how things are being passed to swish under the two different
versions of Windows?