Re: searching several indexes with SWISH::API

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 19:56:02 GMT
On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 03:59 -0700, Jonas Wolf wrote:
> err: Index Header Error: Index file
> 'd:/website2/cgi-bin/search/index/pmr/nostem.idx
> d:/website2/cgi-bin/search/index/prb/nostem.idx
> d:/website2/cgi-bin/search/index/manuals/nostem.idx' is not an active
> index file
> .

> Can someone shed more light on what exactly this error message means and
> what I might be doing wrong?

Yes, notice the single quotes surrounding the file name.  The error
suggests that you are passing that entire string as a single filename.
And that filename isn't valid.  Are you perhaps surrounding all three
names with quotes?  I think maybe you need to pass an array or hash to
Perl.

This is how the command should be called:
  swish-e -f "this is a single file" "this is a second file"

The error suggests that you're calling SWISH-E like this:
  swish-e -f "this is a single file this is a second file"

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/