RE: swish-e and rebooting

From: Weir James K Contr ASC/ENOI <James.Weir(at)not-real.wpafb.af.mil>
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 12:58:17 GMT
Hello all again,

More thing to add to this problem. I am seeing memory leaks while running swish-e. Using Tivoli (software to monitor computer)
I started indexing at 1030 yesterday only one folder at a time.
Twice yesterday had memory leak at 1230 and 1440. I am using the newest version 2.4.2 of swish-e.

Next thing that happen was about 2200 yesterday the indexing stops because of error
Error from the log file
 err: Ran out of memory (could not allocate 400012 more bytes)!

Here is the config file
# Site Index Config File

# The index file to create
IndexFile d:/webdata/catalog/SS010Indexes/sndxENFS.index

# The folder at which to start indexing (/ = webroot in this example)
IndexDir //ServerName/Path1/TEXT/Fileroom

#MetaNames DeptSym
#ExtractPath DeptSym regex  !^.*/TEXT/([^/]+)/.*$!$1!

# Index comments?
#IndexComments no
FollowSymLinks yes

# Files to index
IndexOnly .txt

# File Contents
IndexContents TXT* .txt

# Filtering files are kept in this folder
FilterDir D:/webdata/catalog/lib/swish-e

#Stop Word List
IgnoreWords File: D:/webdata/catalog/stopwords/english.txt

# Store the first 200 characters in the index
StoreDescription TXT* 500

# Exclude any folder with the following in the path:
#FileRules dirname contains /_
#FileRules dirname contains /catalog

# Fuzzy indexing
 FuzzyIndexingMode Metaphone

# Now, specify which meta name to include in the index.
MetaNames swishdocpath
#MetaNames keywords title
#MetaNameAlias keywords author description

# By default, undefined meta names are indexed as plain text
# This feature can change this behaviour.  Here we say
# don't index text in metatags unless defined in MetaNames
#UndefinedMetaTags ignore

Here is the command used to index the fileroom
d:\webdata\catalog\swish-search.exe -c d:\webdata\catalog\SS010Indexes\sndxENFS.config -e -v1 -T REGEX > d:\webdata\catalog\SS010Indexes\outsndxENFS.log

Thank you for your time

Jim "ZZ" Weir
Email: james.weir@wpafb.af.mil

Caution: This message may contain competitive, sensitive or other non-public information not intended for disclosure outside official government channels. Do not disseminate this message without the approval of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.