(no subject)

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 12:01:09 GMT
On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 08:09 -0700, Peter Karman wrote:
> You're right. Maybe David only builds 'real' releases these days?

Well, basically that's all I've ever done.  The daily builds are
something I'd never remember to do with regularity.  And it's rather
boring.  So I wrote a few shell scripts to cross-compile it on my Linux
workstation.  But recent Linux systems have security features which
break some Windows programs.  So when I upgraded that machine in
November the automated builds broke.

This morning I manually made a build from CVS.  Which means the
automated build scripts and such finally work again with recent WINE
builds.  The only remaining issue is that ttydrv doesn't work.  ttydrv
is a driver that allows WINE to run text programs without X; which is
needed to schedule them with cron.  I'll try to sort that out this
weekend.

The only Windows program I'm running during the daily build is makensis
to create the setup executable.  I could provide a ZIP file of each
daily build, I suppose.  Then I wouldn't need WINE at all.  One could
just extract the ZIP over top of an existing SWISH-E installation.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/