searching several indexes with SWISH::API

From: Jonas Wolf <JOWOLF(at)not-real.uk.ibm.com>
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 10:59:40 GMT
Hi,

I have been using SWISH::API happily to search three individual indexes.
Now I want to search all of them at the same time, as specified in the
SWISH::API documentation. However, when passing the index files as a space
separated string, I get the following error message:

err: Index Header Error: Index file
'd:/website2/cgi-bin/search/index/pmr/nostem.idx
d:/website2/cgi-bin/search/index/prb/nostem.idx
d:/website2/cgi-bin/search/index/manuals/nostem.idx' is not an active
index file
.

The three individual indexes exist and can be searched without a problem.

Can someone shed more light on what exactly this error message means and
what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you, Jonas.