Re: Config files and

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 20:06:01 GMT
On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 12:11:13PM -0700, wrote:
> Where can I find documentation that'll tell me which configuration
> files are overriden by using Obviously, IndexDir is
> specified in the file, but entries like  StoreDescription and
> IndexContents, and MetaNames, how do I know which ones are being read
> and ignored?

          o Alphabetical Listing of Directives
          o Directives that Control Swish
          o Administrative Headers Directives
          o Document Source Directives
          o Document Contents Directives
          o Directives for the File Access method only
          o Directives for the HTTP Access Method Only
          o Directives for the prog Access Method Only
          o Document Filter Directives
                + Filtering with SWISH::Filter
                + Filtering with the FileFilter feature
    * Document Info

So, they are suppose to be broken up by options that control the
indexing vs. options that control what files are passed to swish for

So, setting swish-e to follow symbolic links probably isn't going to
effect spidering.  But MetaNames is how the data is indexed, regardless
of where it comes from.

Technical writers always welcome.

Bill Moseley