Re: FreeBSD out of err issue.

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jun 02 2004 - 14:05:44 GMT
On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 02:32:01PM +0100, William Bailey wrote:
> 	Sorry to bother you again but im really gettig it from my boss at the
> moment :( Have you had a change to look at the FreeBSD issue yet (i got
> the same issue on both 4.9 and 5.2.1)?

No, it kind of fell off my radar screen.  I think your 1/2GB download on
my poor old DSL connection and the DNA didn't help.

I had hoped that Jose might have noticed something.  It's likely a
problem that Jose would be best at solving, as he wrote all the core
indexing code.

I'm going to suspect it's not really a FreeBSD issue, but rather the
amount of data triggering an error.  The only other thing you might try
is using a daily snapshot (or CVS if that's easier).

The best thing would be to find a small test case that would show the
problem, but it may not be possible if this is really because the size
of the data you are indexing.

Did you try Jose's suggestion of using stopwords?

  IgnoreWords a the an

or whatever you think is common.  (I'd probably stay away from
IgnoreLimit.)

Wish I could offer more help.