Re: chroot jail

From: Dan Stieneke <Dan.Stieneke(at)>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 17:04:50 GMT
Yes, I learned of "ldd" after I did that one "the hard way". *sigh*

Incidentally, when not in jail, swish-e works with in
/usr/local/lib/ (where "ldd" tells me it should be), but in jail it
only works if is in /usr/lib.
It doesn't bother me, but maybe it's useful for you to know???

Dan Stieneke

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 11:33:50AM -0700, Dan Stieneke wrote:
> Indexing works as expected, searching from outside the jail works as
> expected, running swish-e inside the jail results in "Abort trap".
> assuming I'm missing libraries w/in the jail. Can you tell me what
> libraries need to be accessible inside the jail?

I saw your other message, good that you now have swish-e in jail.

Would this have helped answer your question?

   ldd /var/www/bin/swish-e

I suppose that won't tell you what those libraries depend on, though,

> City of Ontario, OR

French Fies and great camping!

Bill Moseley