Re: SWISH-E C library version

From: Jonas Wolf <JOWOLF(at)not-real.uk.ibm.com>
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 15:02:58 GMT
After some trouble, I have been able to run a simple script outside IIS.

#!D:\Tools\Perl\bin\Perl.exe

use strict;
use warnings;
use CGI qw(:standard);

use SWISH::API;

my $swish;
$swish = SWISH::API->new( 'index/nostem.idx' );
die "Failed to create SWISH::API object" unless $swish;
$swish->AbortLastError if $swish->Error;

my $results = $swish->Query("@ARGV");

if ( $swish->Error )
{
        $swish->AbortLastError if $swish->CriticalError;
}

print "yippie: $results";

1;

This results in an error box saying "perl.exe - Unable to locate DLL",
followed by an explanation that it couldn't find perl85.dll in the path.
Perl\bin is in the path, but of course perl85.dll does not exist. Perl
gives the same error message as before. So for some reason, this API.dll
seems to home in to Perl 8.5. Is there anyone involved with the Windows
port who would know more about this - Dave?

Thanks, Jonas.

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 03:30:48PM +0100, Jonas Wolf wrote:
> I can also infer from your mail that swish-e (including the c API)
should
> run in Perl 5.6 or 5.8 regardless?

Yes, there's not dependency on 5.8 in the source.  I don't build the
Windows module -- Dave does that with some Magic when building the
Windows version -- so I'm not sure if there's maybe a dependency added
in when the module is built.  But as I mentioned, I think we would have
heard about that by now.

Can you run your script from the command line outside of IIS?