Re: categorizing information

From: Jonas Wolf <JOWOLF(at)>
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 15:51:17 GMT
Thanks for the swift answer.

> One way around that might be to change "top=foo" into
> "abstract=(foo) OR descript=(foo) OR ....".

I considered this. Since I am writing a script to generate the query from
another query anyway, it would be quite easy to do. I just thought that
would be quite inefficient. As far as I'm aware (correct me if I'm wrong),
this query would perform one separate search for every disjunction and
merge the results? If this is the case, that is probably not the best way
go in terms of performance.

Your other suggestion is a possibility, but I would probably have to
the documents to HTML, as they are in XML currently?

Thanks, Jonas.