Re: SWISH-E Ideas

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 02:55:17 GMT
On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 06:55:56PM -0700, David L Norris wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 11:48, Markus Peter wrote:
> > 2) Modifying the ranking dynamically
> > It would be nice if a property could be assigned via the config file whic=
> h=20
> > influences the ranking of a document.
> Something like MetaNamesRank?

I think Markus is thinking more about having a property that effects a
document's own rank.  This has been discussed before quite a few times
-- a trip through the archives might find something.

Normally, properties are only looked up on records that are
*displayed*, not the entire result set.  So, that feature would come at
the expense of a little performance.

> The docs claim this is not supported.  However, the docs are incorrect.

I haven't removed that warning because the interface may change.  I was
not sure if it would be a -10 to +10 range or what, for example.

Bill Moseley