Re: Running swish-e on windows with mod_perl and apache - fork

From: Peter Morling <pmorling(at)>
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 11:47:14 GMT

I have just tested 'search.cgi' using SWISH::API on windows 2000 it works
fine with CGI, though you must define the Template-Toolkit (*.tt file)
inside the
__DATA__ section.

I have just tested it wit mod_perl, but i get an strange error when
restarting the apache server, the error as following:

[Wed May 05 13:37:00 2004] [notice] Parent: Received restart signal --
Restarting the server.
[Wed May 05 13:37:00 2004] [warn] Syntax error at C:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:183 Global $r object is not available. Set:
 PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
in httpd.conf at C:/Perl/lib/ line 308.

Do you have an idea?

here is my part of my apache2/conf/httpd.conf
LoadFile "C:/Perl/bin/perl58.dll"
LoadModule perl_module modules/
PerlRequire "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/conf/"
    use lib "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/search";
    use lib "C:/SWISH-E/lib/swish-e/perl";
    require "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/search/mysearch.cgi";

Alias /search/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/search/"
<Location /search/>
    PerlSetVar Swish_Conf_File "C:/Program Files/Apache
    allow from all
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler SwishSearch

Note this works fine when changing it to not using SWISH:API (the

All the best,