exact phrase searching

From: Eric Lease Morgan <emorgan(at)not-real.nd.edu>
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 19:41:01 GMT
Does swishe support exact phrase searching?

I have a number of things I've indexed. Tastes great. Less filling. A
number of my things are field searchable so valid syntax is title=Time,
title=journal of chemistry, or title="journal of chemistry".

Is there any way I can tell swish to find things like title=time and
have it return only the records whose title equals Time and only Time.
I do not always want to get back things like Time Today, or Time and
Time Again. Similarly, title="journal of chemistry" returns Journal of
Chemistry but it also returns Canadian Journal of Chemistry, Journal of
Chemistry for Young Adults, etc.

In short, is there some sort of exact match function or a "begins with"
syntax?

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University Libraries of Notre Dame