Re: Running swish-e on windows with mod_perl and apache - fork problem

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 18:32:12 GMT
On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 02:49:50AM -0700, Peter Morling wrote:
> ---
> -e open2: Can't close:  at C:/Apache2/search/search.cgi line 2173
> Failed to flush STDOUT: Invalid argument.

Peter,

Would you be able to try and write a very small mod_perl program that
just calls IPC::Open2::open2() to run an external program?  Then try a
few programs (other than swish) to see how common it is.

Again, I don't think that's the best way to use swish from mod_perl
(SWISH::API is the way to go), but you may have come across a bug in
mod_perl that should be reported.

Info on reporting mod_perl bugs can be found at:

  http://perl.apache.org/bugs/

Thanks,