Re: Running swish-e on windows with mod_perl and apache - fork problem

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 17:17:14 GMT
On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 02:49:50AM -0700, Peter Morling wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have this problem that I would like to run swish-e through mod_perl from
> Apache on the windows 2000 platform. But when I make a query and the results
> should be presented I get the following error:

Which version of mod_perl?

> apache/logs/error.log
> ---
> -e open2: Can't close:  at C:/Apache2/search/search.cgi line 2173
> Failed to flush STDOUT: Invalid argument.
> ---
>
> This refers to 'sub windows_fork' and I dont know what to do about the
> problem, can someone help me?

I have no idea about that error message.  Searches for

  "Failed to flush STDOUT" windows

on google turned up nothing, but does find that message in mod_perl2.
I'll pass it by Stas who wrote that code.

But, what you should try to do is use SWISH::API to access swish-e.  I
though there was a ppm version of SWISH::API available (Dave, is it part
of the windows version?)  That would be a better way to access the index
under Windows with mod_perl.

Can you put the search site on a Linux machine?