RE: Adding files from external site - suggestions?

From: Rob de Santos AFANA <rdesantos(at)not-real.afana.com>
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 17:37:37 GMT
> > > Bill Moseley wrote:
> > > Hum, I thought ReplaceRules still worked with -S prog.
> >
> > It seems to work fine with the portion of the index fed by Spider.pl

> > just not the DirTree.pl portion.
>
> Then you have your ReplaceRules regexp wrong because swish-e
> doesn't know where the data is coming from.  Use -T regexp to
> see what's happening in a kinda cryptic way.

Success.  I found the ReplaceRules problem, fixed it, and overnight my
re-indexing worked.  All of the files were indexed properly and the
URL's came out just like they should.   (You can even search now. :-)  )

Thanks to Bill for all of his help and to everyone on this list for
their patience as I worked thru this project for the past several
months.  I've learned a fair bit and now all that's left is to tweak the
interface for my users which doesn't look to be too difficult.

Best regards,

-Rob
AFANA.com