RE: Adding files from external site - suggestions?

From: Rob de Santos AFANA <rdesantos(at)not-real.afana.com>
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 17:45:07 GMT
Bill Moseley wrote:
> Hum, I thought ReplaceRules still worked with -S prog.

It seems to work fine with the portion of the index fed by Spider.pl
just not the DirTree.pl portion.

> Anyway, just rewrite the URL in DirTree.pl -- that's the
> natural place to do it, and you have Perl regular expressions
> to make things easier.

OK, makes sense.

> Something like:
>
>     $path =~ s[^/home/afana/public_html][http:/];

Looking at the DirTree code, I'm guessing I want to do this in the find
operation so that I return the modified $path after it's been processed
by the subroutines in DirTree.  Something like this:

find(
    {
        wanted => \&wanted,
        no_chdir => 1,  # 5.6 feature