Re: wondering why?

From: Weir James K Contr ASC/ENOI <James.Weir(at)not-real.wpafb.af.mil>
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 15:42:03 GMT

I move the index file and .prop to another folder after I index it.
Just incase I need to use the search while indexing.. Ie a Temp folder, is
This not a good idea;that is moving the files?

> You posted about this in early March.  Bill Schell found an
> off-by-one error that was causing problems, but I'm not sure
> if that's related to your issue as I think that was only when
> not using HTML2|XML2|TXT2 parser (i.e. using the old system
> where the entire file is read into memory).  You are using
> HTML* which will use libxml2.

I am only indexing TXT files, should I use some other parser for that?

> A -5 zlib error is a buffer error, and as you can see there's
> a problem in the buffer sizes.
>
> When swish-e goes to read a property the first few bytes of
> the property give the compressed size, and the next few bytes
> give the bytes saved by compressing (so the sum is the
> uncompressed length).  The data of the property then follow.
> Swish-e then creates a buffer and reads the compressed data
> from disk into that buffer.  In this case the compressed data
> is 1,243,796 bytes and the uncompressed length is 14,899,107.
>  I doubt zlib is that good at compression, and I also doubt
> that you really have a 14MB property you are trying to save.
I have .prop file that is 976,212 KB, yes this is the size of the file