Re: swishdescription store but not indexed?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 15:05:34 GMT
On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 06:44:11AM -0700, Kevin Lewandowski wrote:
> >It would help to see an example of what you are trying to index.
>
> I'm indexing XML documents. Here's a simplified example:
>
> <xml>
>   <name>John Smith</name>
>   <job>Programmer</job>
>   <description>Name: John Smith, Job: Programmer</description>
> </xml>
>
> I use "StoreDescription <description> XML2" and that stores the
> description fine. Description is just a summary of all the fields in
> the document. I want to show that in the search results.

Ya, it kinda sucks.

What you wish you could do is:

  DefaultContents XML2
  MetaNames name job
  StoreDescription XML2 <description>

Now, that will work if you *always* search using the meta tags, but
the description is still indexed as "swishdefault".

Now you might think you could then add:

  IgnoreMetaTags description

but guess what, then description is ignored and StoreDescription doesn't
work.

So maybe instead you would then try:

  UndefinedMetaTags ignore

But then nothing is indexed because the outside <xml> tag is undefined
(not listed as a MetaName) and then it's ignored, along with everything
inside.

So you end up with this:

   DefaultContents XML2
   MetaNames xml job name
   StoreDescription XML2 <description>
   UndefinedMetaTags ignore

Try some of those with the options "-v0 -T indexed_words properties"

Or since description is made up of name and job how about making those
property names and then create your description from those?  Then you
are not storing "Name:" and "Job:" in the index?

I would like to see separate "IgnoreMetaTags" and "IgnorePropertyTags"
and then allow MetaNames and PropertyNames to override those.