RE: Adding files from external site - suggestions?

From: Rob de Santos AFANA <rdesantos(at)not-real.afana.com>
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 14:58:54 GMT
Well, this worked just great.  Thanks, Bill for all of your help.  The
files in the directory in question are now in the index.  Seems there is
one remaining problem though.  Using a hacked version of DirTree.pl to
feed the files to the index causes them to be indexed with the "path"
not the directory info and the ReplaceRules not to be applied to this.
Not what I need so I may have to rethink this.  I get this in the index
(these will split across two lines):

/home/afana/public_html/www.sportsdelivered.com/afl/video_detail.asp?vid
_id=342

instead of this as the document path:
http://www.sportsdelivered.com/cgi-bin/cgi-bin/at.pl?a=195711&e=afl/vide
o_detail.asp?vid_id=342

(ReplaceRules transforms local URLS into the proper external link)

-Rob

> > I'm wondering if I should just use a hacked version of DirTree.pl
> > which points only to the directory I want to run this against and
thus
> > be done with it.  If I use a modified DirTree.pl I can have it
ignore
> > any params passed to it by Swish-e and just run against the one
> > specific directory in question.
>
> Simple and quick.  Likely the best way to go.
>
> DirTree.pl does this:
<snip>