Re: swishdescription store but not indexed?

From: Kevin Lewandowski <kevin(at)not-real.discogs.com>
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 13:45:17 GMT
> It would help to see an example of what you are trying to index.

I'm indexing XML documents. Here's a simplified example:

<xml>
   <name>John Smith</name>
   <job>Programmer</job>
   <description>Name: John Smith, Job: Programmer</description>
</xml>

I use "StoreDescription <description> XML2" and that stores the
description fine. Description is just a summary of all the fields in
the document. I want to show that in the search results.

What I've realized is people can search for "name" or "job" and return
all documents. That's why I don't want the description searchable.

I tried that "UndefinedMetaTags description" but that caused it to
store an incorrect description (it looked more like "John Smith
Programmer").

Another idea is I could just make "name" and "job" stopwords. That
would solve my problem.

thanks,
Kevin