Re: swishdescription store but not indexed?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 00:43:21 GMT
On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 03:11:45PM -0700, Kevin Lewandowski wrote:
> Is it possible to make swish-e not index the swishdescription field? I
> want to store it in the index to display with results, but don't want
> it searchable.

Hi Kevin,

It would help to see an example of what you are trying to index.

I don't have an answer right now, though.  I just tried a few things and
it seems like there's something broken.

The answer is suppose to be:

Use "UndefinedMetaTags ignore" to not automatically index meta tags.
Or, "IgnoreMetaTags" to list the tags to ignore.

But, when I tried that just now with something like:

<head>
</head>
This is indexed

and using:

DefaultContents HTML2
StoreDescription HTML2 <desc> 2000
IgnoreMetaTags desc

it seemed like the description was ending up "This is indexed" which is
wrong.

Anyway, I'll try and look later when I'm on my dev machine.

I'm not very thrilled about the options for controlling what is and
isn't processed.  IgnoreMetaTags, IIRC, will disable all enclosed
tags, even if they are listed in PropertyNames or MetaNames.  Is that
useful or expected?  I'm also not clear if StoreDescription is more
confusing than just using PropertyNames.