Bad Directive IndexContents

From: James B. Muir <James.B.Muir(at)not-real.hitchcock.org>
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 17:17:07 GMT
Hello All,

I'm having trouble using the IndexContents directive, and a search of the archives was not helpful. I've been fiddling with various permutations of this directive for a while without success, and have tried google. No luck.

My goal is to have the swish-e indexer recognize HTML files with the file suffix ".helphtm", so that when searching I will get the title for the document and not the file basename. When I insert the IndexContents directive into my webindx.conf file I receive the following succinct error:

Indexing Data Source: "File-System"
Bad directive on line #169: IndexContents HTML .html .helphtm

This looks correct to me. What am I missing? We are running the following version of swish-e:

(/htdocs/pdr)> swish-e -V
SWISH-E 2.0

Thanks for writing and sharing this very useful program.
James Muir